Comments
Jim Barnes | 08 Sep, 2005 12:00 AM
I found this article very helpful. The machine file was excellent - well written and commented. The sequenced start routine with the 8 motors gave my students something to study without doing a lot of typing at the beginning of class. I liked the twist where the start sequence could not be stopped until it was completed. It stressed the value of the MCR. I also challenged the students to study the code and figure out how to make the stop work immediately.

Very well written example.

Jim Barnes
Jeff | 26 Apr, 2006 12:00 AM
Is the Stop Pushbutton (XIO I:2.0/15) supposed to be a NO or XIC? Seems like in this example someone is holding the button down or am I analyzing it wrong?
Jonathan Rafaiani | 15 May, 2006 12:00 AM
for jeff:
i was not able to dl the file, but i'm guessing that you are referring to a NC stop button. for safety's sake, stops are NC. that way, if a wire breaks, the machine stops. we wouldnt want an E-stop to be dissables and not know it. that could happen in a NO switch.
Erwin | 19 Jan, 2012 12:00 AM
This article is very helpful to me, since I am only a beginner in handling RS Logix programs. The program's printable version is in PDF format. Can I know what are the procedures in documenting the RS Logix programs into pdf format. I will be using this for learning and documentation purposes. Your detailed instructions are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,