Comments
Dutch | 03 Sep, 2008 12:00 AM
There is a way to change the screen saver image. Here is how to do it.

1. Connect the terminal via USB
2. Open up ""My Computer"" on your PC
3. In the address bar, type ""\169.254.254.2""
4. You should see a list of folders, among them one that says ""ScreenSaver"". Open up this folder.
5. Locate the screen saver image you want on your PC, rename it to ""Screen Saver.bmp"" and overwrite the existing image in the ""ScreenSaver"" folder.
plc_chick | 03 Sep, 2008 12:00 AM
There is an offline software package available - the PanelView Component Emulator is available as a free download for use in offline programming (no license needed). Be sure to download both the Emulator as well as the Help and Extended support package if you want the help files and sample applications installed with the 'Complete' Emulator installation.

CDawg | 03 Sep, 2008 12:00 AM
You can actually change the default bitmap used by the screen saver. You must be connected to the terminal via the USB connection. Using you PCs file system explorer you can browse to the device using its UNC path name. The bitmap is stored in the terminals ""Screen Saver"" directory and is named ""Screen Saver.bmp"". You can only ""replace"" this bitmap. For example, if your device is named ""My_T6C"" you would browse to the terminals ""\My_T6CScreen Saver"" directory and replace the file named ""Screen Saver.bmp"" with a bitmap of your choosing. Just for clarification: You must rename your bitmap image to ""Screen Saver.bmp"" before you attempt to replace the one on the terminal. Alternatively you can use the terminals IP address instead of the terminal network name. Example: ""\169.254.254.2Screen Saver"". This will be the same IP address for all terminals connected via the USB connection. These instructions only work when you are connected via USB, and have the terminals USB driver installed.

Hope this helps...
Brian Weed | 07 Jan, 2009 12:00 AM
I was less than impressed with the tag import process of the component class PV. I have decided that Red Lion is a better soloution for this class of an HMI due to the limitations of the CC PV when it comes to getting the tag database imported.
MZobrest | 16 Jun, 2009 12:00 AM
I tried one of these out and was not impressed at all, the competition is much better at this price point.
Mike Z | 26 Jun, 2009 12:00 AM
I was extremely unimpressed with this product, it seems to have been developed without evaluating what the competition provides in this price range. It reminds me of a Playschool or Fisher Price version of an actual useful industrial product.
Jim | 27 Apr, 2010 12:00 AM
I just struggled through a new application trial and error style - mosly error. Panelbuilder was a struggle at first as well though. Many hours of "help sessions" later the application is out there and working. I'm getting the hang of it now and it is not that bad. The software is a little clunky and I wish I could make the program screen bigger. There might be a way but I've not found it yet. I wish there was a way to get some training on how to use these things. I've got another one to do so will try and do it better. If anyone knows of any "sample programs" out there I'd be interested in checking them out.
The Edge | 02 Dec, 2010 12:00 AM
Pure junk. Cheap yes. But you get what you pay for. These things crash, lose their IP addresses, lock up, freeze, and are exceedingly slow and cumbersome to program. After doing a couple, I went back to a Classic 600C and it was like a walk in the park as everything worked, and it was so much faster. The tag import is a joke, and if you lose the IP, good luck with a remote recovery. There are so many superior products in comparison, I have no idea why anyone would want one of these toys.
Posted: 7 years ago   | Permalink
Kip Edgley | 12 Nov, 2011 12:00 AM
Jumk Terminals. This may be the worst product ever developed by AB since 6200 software. This is just a useless terminal that does so much wrong, it is difficult to even describe. First and foremost, it's object creation, drawing tools, alignment tools, etc are functionally challenged. The browser interface is so slow that is almost maddening. The validation process, both the sectional and the entire process is time consuming and cumbersome, and my absolute main peeve is the inability to create a tag on the fly without going into the tag database tab. Further, you can't identify any tag properties in development beyond the tag name which DOES NOT link to the tag property application. Save yourself the insanity which will follow, expecially when you expect alignment to work like RSV32 and it does almost incomprehensible alignment calcs which gives you totally unexpected results, and use PanelView Plus terminals. The cost difference in the PVCC's will never make a difference as you will take 4X longer to develop it. Or better yet, contact Lee Chee Wah who is Rockwell's product manager, and tell him to fix this junk. It is giving Rockwell a huge black eye. We will NOT recommend this product to any customer.
Posted: 6 years ago   | Permalink
Mario Brito | 08 May, 2012 12:00 AM
i need help me, for te configuration of panelview c300 in trend properties, in especific timespan value. tks...